Some important information about washing machine dyeing...
- Washing machines generally have a minimum wash weight of 1kg and a maximum wash weight of 5kg; as such, they are particularly suitable for dyeing large pieces of fabric (1kg - 2,5kg of dry fabric).
- Because of the minimum wash weight of 1kg, you cannot dye less than 1kg of dry fabric (for which you will require 4 boxes of Lady Dye dye).
- Because of the maximum wash weight of 5kg, you should not exceed 2,5kg of dry fabric when dyeing (for which you will require 10 boxes of Lady Dye). This is because you should not exceed half the maximum wash load.
- After dyeing, clean the machine by adding a mixture of diluted bleach and washing powder. Run a short, hot cycle.
- Plastic parts of the washing machine may discolour, but this will not affect the machine's performance or subsequent washing.
- Single and Twin Tubs can be used for COLD WATER dyeing but are not recommended for HOT WATER dyeing since they cannot maintain the required temperature of 90°C.
- Do not dye wool or silk in a washing machine.
washing machine dyeing with hot water dyes >>
washing machine dyeing with cold water dyes >>